Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My work experience during the previous 7 months

After 7 months from joining the work-world I have to say it..

Work-world is very tough and difficult..
Today .. I waked up @ 6:00, to get a walk before the work..

During my walk.. I was thinking in the last 7 months and why we are working... what are the main reasons that let all of us work...
In this post I will speak about the first part.. I will speak about my experience in the previous 7 months.

Every thing "seems" measured by money..so if you don't well set your goals you may fall in the same confusion.

Working changed my personality a lot. It made me to do things more fast. It made me think in a mature way. But in the same time it made me lose some of my friends due to being busy.

I made some investigation about this issue and this is what I reached:

1. I am working as I have a great amount of energy that must be handled ...
I didn't used to be calm or waste my time.. my dad is usually saying :"Abeer wants to do every thing very fast.. even getting her launch.." he is right.. most days, I am getting my launch walking in my flat or wa ana wa2fa.. the last time I got it with my family -I mean setting on the launch table- nearly was last month.. It is a very bad habbit that I want to get ride of..

2. I am working to be an ideal .. most persons like to be ideals.. Dads usually say that they were the first in their class as they want their children to see them as an ideal..I want to make a real difference in the place I am in..

And as I was working in a small company, First let me draw the nice world in Centrivision:).

As you may know -and I have mentioned in one of my posts- that I really admire working in that small company. Working with the young AUCian managers made my work life looks different.

We still do our activities, bookants and 10-minutes. We are planning to make a training after a week from now. We have a great board that we put stars for "elnaas elshatreen :) zai 3abeer ;)" as I used to say.

This is the beautiful part of the picture. In the same time I have learnt some lessons in life that I will never forget.

Don't work except you could afford the responsibility of working..
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't work in a small company except if you could afford that.. and here I will like to elaborate more:

1. Working in a small company will make you lose some benefits that you may get in other medium size or big companies. Your mates may get better salaries but you will get experience and personal contacts instead.You may reach their salaries after a period. You have to choose and determine...

2. Working in a small company needs faith and well.. needs energy and patient.. you must concentrate if you would like to share in building such a small company.

3. You may get annoyed of the inconsistent rules.. you may get annoyed of unexpected action of the others.. you may fall in confusion as you can't get clearly what the management want you to do and what is behind the scene...what is their policy of measuring things.. and also get confused to determine who should know what.

4. You may don't find somethings that motivate you to excel. You should search by your self for these things whatever inside the company or out side.

Some persons may see the previous points interesting and affordable like me. So set with your self and determine what you want exactly...

As my coming posts will show you,the work world is tough and mature zeyada 3an elaazem... there is no space for persons who have children thinking or well...

After the 7 months, I need to say it to my mother, without your strong faith and belief in your girl I will not be there. Mama , when I joined work I felt that this world is very big and complex. No one have the same measurement for things as I have. I am really afraid from that world. I didn't dream to live in that hard world one day....

Abeer

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post, Abeer.
Another point for small companies, the fast growing companies allow you to take decisions in some situations.
Beside, your position will be much improved with company's improvement.. and it's really good to touch the results of your efforts.
Do not be afraid from the world, as the world is supposed to be afraind from you!

Regards,
Ahmed Al-Mahdy

Anonymous said...

Al Salamo Alikom ..

your - Experience - article is really good because you always have what you want to say and how to clear it , it is very good skill .

1- your life by this way will be very hard and the life is not only for work .

2- you should also find which can help you to grow your soul "finishing some charity tasks ;-) , finding and contacting your friends , spending time with your family ... etc " .

3- if we thought that the life is war and we should be fast in every thing .. etc , I think that we will not be able to stay long period "we will hate and get tired early" , so try to enjoy and of course I do not say that we should go to sleep .

4- for work experience , it depend on the person more than the size of company , may the company help you but it is not the original reason , my company also is medium but really I learn from it well and got good experience in the last few months .

5- the friendship is very important in the life so do not lose any of your friends "if you lost friend , you will not be able to come her back again ".

6- yes , I get on well with you "Every thing "seems" measured by money..so if you don't well set your goals you may fall in the same confusion" , when I lose my goals I begin to hate every thing .

at end we all try to do the best in our lives and Isallah you will achieve all your goals in the life .

salamo ALikom .

Ashraf Al Shafaki said...

I love the idea of the stars on the board for distinguished team members. Perhaps I'll adapt that in some way and use it for software companies. You should get the credit for introducing this interesting and, I believe, effective idea to boost team morale.

Anonymous said...

Can I put an opinion in this article???... ofcourse not... I can't find an important comment to say because -as you know- I'm the last person in universe that can talk about a "working experience"... I just wanted to tell you that I loved you words -as usual- and I loved this spirit that you deal with in your "work" life...

It is nice to deal with this as an adventure...for me, working is an adventure just like going to mars and exploring these new creatures that are called "employees"... is fun... especially if the explorer is you :)...

However.. I agree with sarah hamid... no matter how nice is this life...it shouldn't be "your life"... instead.. it should be a part of your life..

So.. After saying no important comment..I just wanted to wish you Allahs blessings my dear friend :)

Beroz said...

Saraa.. I like to read your comments even they are empty lines!

your comments make my life looks nice .. may Allah bless you and guide your way!

Anonymous said...

I have to say something important, if you think that work world is so tough, then one thing to make a relief and lessen the load is to dedicate time to guide younger ones (like me!).

I find you message very beneficial, I just keep telling that on your blogs, ENg.AEmam, Eng.Sara Salem and of course you and many other wonderful words I read on your blogs. Maybe you do not feel how much me and my mates can benefit from you, but the thing is really true.

I encourage (need!) that when writing about your experiences, try to expose the benefit from it (rather than someone like me who keeps just rambling).

Thanks Again, ezzaher keda I am going to change begadd to be a better person.

Mohammed Nour said...

Nice blog, and nice post. keep on!

Unknown said...

HI Beroz,
its the first time for me to comment on your blog,its too late but I think you may know why i write this comment now
In your post you write about small companies and the concepts you must have to work in it but in my comment i will write about large companies as i just finished my first month in a big company
1. when you begin in a small company you build a set of concepts in your mind like in any decision You will build your decision according to question "What will be good for my small company to be larger?".
2.In small company, You will find every week a new idea generated from one member in the team to improve this company,I think in large company all members work just for work, I think they miss the goal
3. I remember now someone told me that some times the steps to reach to your goal give you the happiness more than the goal itself, I think this the case in small companies
4. In small companies, when you go any place you want all people around you to know your company, you say it's name a lot of times to make all people remember it when you leave (and i think you are the best person do that)

I think I miss all this concepts now, But I know I will restore it again ISA
so Beroz , be happy with your steps to the goal

Eman Negm